skip to content

Graduate Admissions


If The University of Cambridge has already sponsored you with a CAS for a Tier 4 visa, you may be able to continue onto your new graduate course with your existing visa. This is only possible if:

  • Your visa is valid (ie has not expired or been nullified by the Home Office); and
  • Your permission expires either after the start date of your new course, or less than one month before the start date of your new course.

You must apply for further permission to remain in the UK before your visa expires. You can do this before your new course starts or after starting the course. If your permission expires more than 28 days before the start date of your new course, the Home Office requires you to apply outside the UK. If you apply in the UK, the Home Office will refuse your application.

Continuing students who start in October term will be issued with their new CAS in October or November, which will provide sufficient time for students to apply for a visa to cover the remaining duration of their new course.

If you feel there is an exceptional reason that you must receive your CAS earlier than October then please email us at:

Please ensure that you include "Continuer CAS request" in the subject field of the email.

If you have paid some or all of your fees to your College before you apply for your visa, we can add this information onto your CAS statement. To enable us to add this note, please ask your College to email us the following information:

  1. Total amount paid for University Composition Fee (exact figure required)
  2. Total amount paid for accommodation costs (exact figure required). Please note the Home Office only allows us to show a maximum payment of £1,000. Therefore, even if you pay more we cannot show this in your CAS.

Continuer Portal

This page is part of the portal for Continuing Students