skip to content

Graduate Admissions

  • If you don't hold a UK or EU passport, then you are likely to need to apply for a Tier 4 visa in order to enter the UK.
  • Tier 4 visa applications require sponsorship by the University of Cambridge and must be supported by a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies). This is prepared by the Graduate Admissions Office and issued by email when your admission is confirmed.
  • You should aim to meet your offer conditions within three months of the start of your course. This includes applying for an ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance certificate if required.
  • You must apply and obtain obtaining a Tier 4 visa sponsored by Cambridge prior to coming to the UK, or be eligible to extend or switch under Tier 4 if you are already living in the UK prior to starting your course
  • You should apply for your visa in good time. You can familiarise yourself with the application requirements, process and advertised timeframes for a decision on the Tier 4 visa webpages.  

Visa Restrictions

When considering what Cambridge offers and requires, you also need to think about any visa requirements, especially if you wish to bring dependants or have previously studied in the UK.