skip to content

Graduate Admissions

  • If you don't hold a UK or EU passport, then you are likely to need to apply for a Tier 4 visa in order to enter the UK.
  • Tier 4 visa applications require sponsorship by the University of Cambridge
  • Tier 4 visa applications require a CAS
  • The Graduate Admissons Office prepares the CAS
  • The CAS is emailed when your admission is confirmed
  • You should aim to meet your offer conditions within three months of the start of your course
  • Check visa restrictions
  • Apply for your ATAS if required before you receive your CAS
  • Keep original transcripts/certificates for your visa application
  • Don't come to Cambridge without a Tier 4 visa sponsored by Cambridge.

Visa Restrictions

In considering what Cambridge offers and requires, you also need to think about any visa requirements, especially if you wish to bring dependants or have previously studied in the UK.

Original Documentation

You will be required to provide original documentation as part of your visa application.

Please ensure that you retain at least one set of original academic transcripts/certificates for this purpose.

DO NOT send us your only original.

If you have only one set of original academic documentation, please either obtain another set as soon as possible, or send us certified copies.